The minute i saw Rachel from The Crafted Life’s amazing craft space, i knew i had to share it snd i fired off a mail to her immediately. It just screams creativity and bright ideas and daring – just the kind of place i know ideas would run free. I could move in here tomorrow!
Rachel kindly let me share some pix from her makeover – but it’s a good idea to pop over to her blog to read all about the process and the DIY’s she did to transform her craft room. Here are some things i love about it:
• The gallery wall – who says these are just for living rooms? I think they can play a vital role in creating a beautiful backdrop and source of inspiration in a home office. Get the look by stocking up on prints from the likes of Mono, Simply Child or Prestwich Collection
• The ladder shelf (on the right of the desk) – what a genius way to store loads of fabrics, especially if you’re a maker of fabricky things – when an idea strikes you can browse your scraps immediately and you don’t have to ferret around in musty boxes
• The hospital style trolley – ooh, i love that! It’s an IKEA buy and it’s perfect for jars of art supplies, don’t you think?
• That rug and that chair – love the bold pattern underfoot and well, you can never go wrong with an Eames!
• The effect of removing the drawers from the desk – how clever is that? It forces you not to have a black hole of Calcutta dumping drawer and easily see what’s close to hand
• The patterned wallpaper – some might find it too busy, but i just love it
• The customised storage boxes – be sure to read the original blog post over here
What do you love about this cute craft room?