Now this, my friends is right up my alley – so easy, so quick, so taste!
Bring it to my mouth now please!
• 1 cup white rice
• 500g broccoli florets, about 2-3 cups
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2cm chunks
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
• 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
For the lemon glaze
• 1/2 cup chicken stock
• 1/4 cup pineapple juice
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
1. In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
2. Place broccoli florets into a steamer or colander set over a pan of boiling water. Cover and steam for 5 mins, or until cooked through and vibrant green; set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
4. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
5. To make the glaze, stir in chicken stock, pineapple juice, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, cornstarch and Sriracha to the skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in chicken and gently toss to combine.
6. Serve chicken immediately with rice and broccoli, garnished with green onion and sesame seeds, if desired.
Here is the link to the original recipe