I love small spaces and i especially love this small space. I think there’s a sense of nostalgia as i used to live in a teeny, perfectly proportioned place in the City Bowl that was 50m2 – it had the teeniest bedroom with the most magnificent view, i spent a few very happy years there. In fact, i started out my freelence career there before moving to Kalk Bay. This apartment makes me think of those days with so much fondness.
Some things i love about this apartment:
• The floors – i love the light parquet and that they’re in a chevron pattern
• The galley kitchen that is dinky but which has loads of storage (love those drawers) and everything else it needs in one compact package (oh, and the metro tiles)
• The pops of greenery – especially from those hanging vases
• The teeny bedroom and that the bed fits almost all of it – i LOVE it. I also love the beautiful linen that makes the bedroom look so inviting.
• Did you see the round mirror in the bathroom? Love!
• The comfy couch – i really like the Scandi aesthetic one normally sees in apartments like this but isn’t that couch just the epitome of comfort?
• The clever use of mirrors on a column – bouncing light around the space so beautifully
What do YOU like about this space? I’d love to know
Pix from here