OK lovelies! Today i want to tell you about Hey Jude – the new virtual assistant app that may seriously my new best friend.
I don’t know about you but my to do list of freaking admin and things I need to get done and the information I need in order to get it done is never ending!!! Every day I write out my to do lists, it’s a ritual I’ve always enjoyed but seriously, the volume is just getting me down. And it’s not all stuff I resent sorting (like insurance claims), some of my admin involves stuff I actually want to sort in order to have fun! Like restaurant bookings, inviting friends round and weekends away and the like. I didn’t even get round to holding a class birthday party for Charley for her 3rd birthday party because…useless.
So a couple of weeks ago, the folks at HeyJude asked me to test drive their app. I had heard about it over on a small business Facebook page I belong to and I’d heard bits and bobs about it on other pages but I hadn’t yet had a proper look. And since a virtual assistant is something i’m really toying with at the moment, it turns out the timing couldn’t have been more relevant.
HEY JUDE TO THE RESCUE PART 1
A few weeks ago, to add to the hideousness of not having internet in our new house and only having one bar of cell reception at home (where d we live, the north pole???!!), my beloved MacBook crashed. Dead as a door nail. Do not pass begin. Go straight to MacBook
heaven hell. It also happened when I was in the middle of writing a document for a work deadline so you can imagine my joy. I’ve been trying not to key into the frustration of it all but the Mac crash was the freaking straw that broke this camel’s back. I have been grumpy. Very grumpy about it all. In order to work and have some semblance of a life, I needed a temporary laptop until i could my insurance sorted. But when you’re on deadline at work, can’t make outbound calls, sitting on the phone and getting varying quotes is not exactly professional. Or practical. So I simply typed my request into my Hey Jude app and pressed send. This is how the convo went:
They couldn’t have given me a more comprehensive answer to my issue!
HEY JUDE TO THE RESCUE PART 2
My second task for the Hey Jude task team was to sort out a night away for The Captain and I. I am so gatvol of this damn communication trifecta that I just want to run away! This year The Captain and I opted not to give one another gifts for our anniversary but rather have a night away together. One where there is room service and a spa. I could think of NOTHING better than running away somewhere closeish to town and hiding away from the world for an afternoon and an evening. Also, the thought of a full night’s sleep and only sharing my bed with The Captain and not my snoring 3-year-old and our often night owl baby sends me into an orbit of joy.
Anyway, I digress. I set the Hey Jude peeps onto the task – an affordable but fancyish Hotel with spa facilities and with a winter special rate so we wouldn’t have to take out a bond to stay there. They aced it, take a look:
I LOVED this process – a real human did the homework, followed up on exactly what i was looking for, i didn’t have to waste time going backwards and forwards comparing results and getting befuddled about what value was actually being offered and we got exactly what we wanted! Other plusses for me:
• This isn’t an upselling service only working with certain service providers – they’re in it to find the best solution for YOU
• You can reference information, a pic (those boots you spotted on Pinterest), a website or a voice note – the Judes will work with what you’ve got
• They’re integrated with service providers like Uber and Air BNB so they can book and pay on your behalf for a small (and doable) fee
• They work 24/7 baby, 365!
• Once you’ve graduated from your first free 3 trial tasks, you pay R199 a month for them to do all the things you never get a chance to do
They’re HUMANS!!! No, press 1 for assistance rubbish, actual humans, looking out for you!
I know they’re mostly practical asks that I got there Jude’s onto but that’s where I am right now – I need practical solutions to the pressing mares happening around me.
Other Hey Jude jobs on my list
•New, free and interesting things to do with toddlers in the holidays
• Meditation apps that are highly rated
• The best winter lunch specials in the city
• Nutritionists in the Southern Suburbs with availabilities for an appointment any afternoon over the next week
• Hairdressers in the Southern Suburbs offering organic colouring
• An appointment next week at a local dermatologist
• Under counter filing cabinet for my new office – new or refurbished
• 4m long tablecloths in prints or plain colours
• Father’s Day Dim Sum lunch venues for this Sunday?
• The BEST Father’s Day gift offering in town
I could go on forever people!!
Hey Jude is dare i say it, the wife that many of us need.
OK…Want to get onto the Hey Jude Bandwagon and WIN?
I’ve got a R1000 Father’s Day voucher for Cape Union Mart for one lucky I Want That Reader …
You need to
• Like this post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
• Tell us what YOU would use the Hey Jude app for in the comments below – it can be mundane, it could be a pressing must do on your bucket list – tell me what it is – your first three transactions are totally FREE!!
• Want an entry extra entry? Share this post on your social media channels